The San Fernando Valley Audubon Society is proud to declare our commitment to fostering an open and welcoming environment for all. Our intention is to allow all people to feel that they belong in nature, through our shared goal of a truly equitable outdoors, which includes advocacy for the environment, stewardship of our local landscapes, and educational opportunities surrounding birds & ecology.
We are intent on facilitating a safe space where deepened relationships between the community and nature can flourish. We firmly believe that an equitable outdoor experience can be cultivated through community collaboration. We own the responsibility to evolve the dynamics of our birding environment to be one that people feel comfortable and eager to join by:
- Inviting all people, regardless of background, to join us in observing birds and protecting nature.
- Encouraging all nature lovers from all walks of life to integrate into our Board, staff, volunteers, & members, so that we naturally come to reflect the diversity of our community.
- Ensuring that our internal culture, organizational practices, and programs are welcoming, inclusive and respectful, and advance our diversity goals of a truly equitable outdoor experience.
- Empowering all people to make positive changes in their community and environment.
- Creating a community of birders who feel valued by their presence and empowered by birding and the consequential joys it brings.
We invite anyone and everyone who is curious about birding or eager to spend time in nature to join us!