MISSION STATEMENT -- Adopted May 12, 2005
THE MISSION OF THE SAN FERNANDO VALLEY AUDUBON SOCIETY is
- to promote the conservation of resources, to preserve and enhance the natural habitat within our territory
- to increase the public’s and our awareness and appreciation of bird life and the natural environment and
- to create a social environment that encourages individual knowledge, development, and participation.
Nothing in the mission statement is to be interpreted as being in conflict or contradictory with the chapter’s constitution and by-laws.
CHAPTER GOALS -- Adopted May 12, 2005
- To increase the chapter’s membership.
- To increase participation in chapter activities, especially by youth. *
- To participate in and influence public policy regarding local resource conservation and land use issues.
- To continue and expand the number and variety of walks and programs and other public contacts.
- To expand and enhance effective youth programs.
- To serve as an information resource to the public.
- To promote backyard habitat and healthy landscape practices. *
- Develop and promote activities in the Santa Clarita/Antelope Valley. *
- To maintain a sound financial basis for our programs.
- To celebrate our 100th year as an important resource to the Southland community. *
* denotes a goal deemed primary by the Board meeting as a committee of the whole in a planning session on April 30, 2005