This November, tell our leaders that birds matter by doing the following:
• Vote for the California water bond, Proposition 1.
– The bond provides nearly $1.5 billion for watersheds and restoration projects, including $475 million to fund much-needed projects for Central Valley refuges, the Klamath basin, the San Joaquin River, and the Salton Sea.
• Support efforts to reduce greenhouse gas emissions and safeguard wildlife and habitats in the face of climate change.
– Consider supporting ballot measures that promote distributed energy generation (e.g., rooftop solar), smart growth planning, and water conservation.
– Help birds prepare for the impacts of climate change by supporting ordinances that protect and expand open space and important habitat areas.
Copy the link below into your browser to find out more.